 CAD / Development / 8302 (-10)
  Re: Need for rect primitive with two or one edge?

(...) The Rectangle with 2 Parallel Edges (rect2p.dat) was already on the Parts Tracker. I've just added rect2a.dat (Rectangle with 2 Adjacent Edges) and rect1.dat (Rectangle with 1 Edge). I can't fix the zip file right now, but will try to get to (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW and Blender

Hi Matthew, I've had Blender installed on my computer since Christmas but hadn't played with it much. After reading this, I've downloaded all the manuals and I am ready to go. This is the boost that I needed. Very promising - thanks a lot! (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: When (if) to use optional lines?

(...) Hi Lance, I asked the same question last summer and since then have come to realize optional lines are useful. Here's the thread to my original question (and the many replies): (URL) a thread on how optional lines help smoothing algorithms: (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  When (if) to use optional lines?

I am just about to finish development of a fairly complicated piece (24-tooth gear with 3 axlesholes), and in looking at previous posts and documentation I have seen some talk about optional lines. Currently I have not used them at all. What are the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Need for rect primitive with two or one edge?

Assuming these don't already exist (I looked for rect2.dat on Parts Tracker, but could find nothing -- speaking of which, the "complete" unofficial parts zip seems to be out of date, since it is missing some stuff): Would it be reasonable to create (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW and Blender

Matthew, I was wondering when someone would develop an import routine for Blender. I have used and known about Blender for some time. Over time, I would not be surprised to see the community embrace Blender as its favorite renderer even over POVRAY (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDRAW and Blender

Hi all --- I am currently working on an LDRAW to Blender importer written in Python. For those of you who have never heard of Blender, it is a free, open source 3d modeler and renderer that includes a Python API (see it at www.blender.org). For (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Steven, I think it was a fair question, not a stupid one. Please *don't* shut up. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Worked like a charm. Shoot...I should have thought of that. Boy do I feel stupid. Sorry about that! I'll shut up now. -- Steven (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Steven, In LPub Steps, Generate, uncheck Construction Images, then use Generate->Instruction Images menu item. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact