 CAD / Development / 8299
8298  |  8300
Subject:
When (if) to use optional lines?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:26:23 GMT

I am just about to finish development of a fairly complicated piece
(24-tooth gear with 3 axlesholes), and in looking at previous posts and
documentation I have seen some talk about optional lines.  Currently I have
not used them at all.  What are the guidelines for including them?  Are they
really just a holdover from a generation of less-sophisticated renderers?
What in the world is their real purpose?

Thanks!
--Lance--