 CAD / Development / 8267 (-10)
  Re: Seam width

(...) In LDView, I do a few things. First, I check to see if the file I just loaded is a part. In order to be a part, it has to satisfy two criteria. First, it can't be the child of a part. Second, it has to either be in the LDraw Parts directory, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Infotip Shell Extension DLL

(...) parts directories, researching parts stuff... :) (...) This version is very nice, just as it is. :) But if you were to figure out to make LDraw files display rendered images in Explorer's "thumbnail" view, that would be awesome... Steve (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

(...) Well, I'll start 8?) Step 6 - thats radius Step 7 - should be sin T = L / R ROSCO (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

(...) OK. Here's my rather convoluted analysis: 1. Find the plane of pulley A 2. Find the plane of pulley B 3. If they dont intersect, no tangent so stop here 4. Find the angle between them, call it T 5. Find the normal to plane A that passes (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

I have a child in fourth grade, and like many his age, he is a natural born lawyer looking for loopholes, so 'm well versed in the tactic because it is hard to resist.... If you notice my original post, I didn't even mention pulleys, I just asked (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

(...) Ah Ha! Apparently there were TWO other pulleys you weren't telling us about. (URL) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

Agreed! -- Steven B. Combs, Publisher Bricks in my Pocket (BimP) (URL) Submission Information: (URL) member #414 "Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H92o80.D83@lugnet.com... (...) question! (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

Don, I'm assuming four pulleys in this case. Two are parallel to each other where the rubber band bends to be non-planar, and two others that pull the band around the two parallel pulleys. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

(...) Don, this is what I do for planar rubber bands and it works great if the two pulleys are in the same plane. But I can imagine a four pulley configuration where the first pulley is parallel to the YZ plane, the second pulley is parallel to the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tangent between two circles in 3D space?

(...) It sounds like you want the intersection point of the 2nd circle with the plane of the first circle. I guess that should be exactly one point unless they're in the same plane. However, I don't see how the rubber band gets back to the first (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact