 CAD / Development / 7887 (-20)
  Idea for a meta-statement

As a part author, I would *love* to see a POLYGON meta-statement. It would allow any number of points, and could be concave or convex (but not bow-tied). This would allow part authors to (more) easily construct surfaces, because they would just need (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

(...) Yup, you remember correctly. Actually, I solved my problem after looking at your code. -Orion (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

(...) Actually, if I remember right, the Minifig Modeler in LDAO uses LDLite statements for placement and rotation. Of course, it's been awhile since I was in that code, so I could be hallucinating... 0 TRANSLATE <to end of arm> 0 ROTATE <wrist into (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Gack! I'll have to put together a release package to get out all the borland libraries that are needed I guess. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Kevin, When I try to test Lsynth, my system (Win2000 french) complains that CC3250.DLL can not be found. Is it a standard component or is it specific to your program ? Philo www.philohome.com (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

I've created a small web page showing you the basics of lsynth, some example pictures, and a zip with example LDR files that specify syhnthesis, as well as the program lsynth. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Wow, sounds pretty exciting! Thanks for the update, I can hardly wait! (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Here is an update on formalizing synthesis. For now, I'v decided to make the synhtesizer a stand alone program that runs at a command prompt like L3P. The program is called lsynth. It takes two command parameters: source LDR name amd destination LDR (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Ldraw software under construction

(...) To teach myself this system, I read the LDraw FAQ, as well as the comp.graphics.algorithms FAQ. I found those resources very useful. Fredrik (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New Ldraw software under construction

Hello to everyone, I'm nearly done, well not 100% but nearly done as it can be use this new program "edraw" for making ldraw models "DAT LDR" well specially LDR as it is not planned to be for part authors "for now" but is for user that want to make (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Need help on delphi?

Well I fix it myself but I how but is fixed Thanks all soon I'll show you all the cool editor powered by ldglite. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

[X-posted to .mlcad] (...) While I can't help because of what Orion revealed here (I'm no programmer!), perhaps Michael Lachmann can help. I have discovered that a simple way to (as a user) rotate around one object's origin is to select the origin (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

(...) Lets try it with vectors. Calculate the vector V from the arm origin to the hand origin. Rotate this vector about the arm origin (by angle A) to generate vector W. Subtract V from W to generate displacement vector X. Add the displacement (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

Here's a clarification of my question: I'm creating a minifig generator plugin for LDDesignPad (possibly a stand alone version as well). I'm having trouble rotating the arm,hand,tool assembly about the origin of the arm. Using an inline procedure (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Need help on delphi?

Hello to all, Thanks to all for helping me before still need help I made this thing to sum position and add pluss -20 LDU but I can make it work 100% something is wrong can someone check it and tell me how to fix it? XXXXXX DELPHI CODE XXXXXX begin (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

To make rotation work like you want, you have to move the group to the origin of the MLCAD space, rotate the group, then relocate the group to where it started. Kevin (...) figuring (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

(...) How about this? s.origin = singlepart.origin For (each part) diff.origin = part.origin - s.origin part.origin += diff.origin rotate part about part.origin part.origin -= diff.origin Scribble the movement on paper and see if it works. I think (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

(...) Actually, I am wanting to know how to do this programmatically (i.e. with rotation matricies) -Orion (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

(...) Put the system of parts in a sub-model, with the origin at the point of rotation, then include the sub-model and rotate that. HTH ROSCO (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact