 CAD / Development / 7871
Re: Rotation of Systems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:02:36 GMT

To make rotation work like you want, you have to move the group to the origin
of the MLCAD space, rotate the group, then relocate the group to where it
started.

Kevin

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky writes:
I've been puzzling with this for days and I give up.

Here's my problem:

I can rotate a single part about it's origin but I'm having trouble • figuring
out how to rotate a system of parts about the origin of a given part in the
system.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Put the system of parts in a sub-model, with the origin at the point of
rotation, then include the sub-model and rotate that.

Actually, I am wanting to know how to do this programmatically (i.e. with
rotation matricies)

How about this?

s.origin = singlepart.origin
For (each part)
   diff.origin = part.origin - s.origin
   part.origin += diff.origin
   rotate part about part.origin
   part.origin -= diff.origin

Scribble the movement on paper and see if it works.  I think it's
right, but I'm not positive.

Don