 CAD / Development / 7877 (-20)
  New Ldraw software under construction

Hello to everyone, I'm nearly done, well not 100% but nearly done as it can be use this new program "edraw" for making ldraw models "DAT LDR" well specially LDR as it is not planned to be for part authors "for now" but is for user that want to make (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Need help on delphi?

Well I fix it myself but I how but is fixed Thanks all soon I'll show you all the cool editor powered by ldglite. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

[X-posted to .mlcad] (...) While I can't help because of what Orion revealed here (I'm no programmer!), perhaps Michael Lachmann can help. I have discovered that a simple way to (as a user) rotate around one object's origin is to select the origin (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

(...) Lets try it with vectors. Calculate the vector V from the arm origin to the hand origin. Rotate this vector about the arm origin (by angle A) to generate vector W. Subtract V from W to generate displacement vector X. Add the displacement (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

Here's a clarification of my question: I'm creating a minifig generator plugin for LDDesignPad (possibly a stand alone version as well). I'm having trouble rotating the arm,hand,tool assembly about the origin of the arm. Using an inline procedure (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Need help on delphi?

Hello to all, Thanks to all for helping me before still need help I made this thing to sum position and add pluss -20 LDU but I can make it work 100% something is wrong can someone check it and tell me how to fix it? XXXXXX DELPHI CODE XXXXXX begin (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

To make rotation work like you want, you have to move the group to the origin of the MLCAD space, rotate the group, then relocate the group to where it started. Kevin (...) figuring (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

(...) How about this? s.origin = singlepart.origin For (each part) diff.origin = part.origin - s.origin part.origin += diff.origin rotate part about part.origin part.origin -= diff.origin Scribble the movement on paper and see if it works. I think (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

(...) Actually, I am wanting to know how to do this programmatically (i.e. with rotation matricies) -Orion (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

(...) Put the system of parts in a sub-model, with the origin at the point of rotation, then include the sub-model and rotate that. HTH ROSCO (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Rotation of Systems

I've been puzzling with this for days and I give up. Here's my problem: I can rotate a single part about it's origin but I'm having trouble figuring out how to rotate a system of parts about the origin of a given part in the system. Can someone (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

"Eduardo Vazquez Harte" <eduvazhar@terra.es> skrev i meddelandet news:H2nHw2.GBC@lugnet.com... (...) edits. (...) const CtrlAndSpace = [#0..#32]; var s: string; p, q: integer; begin s := ListBox1.Items[ListB...temIndex]; p := 1; while (p < (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!

(...) I am having a problem. The first time I used it, I just opened a .dat file, generated instruction images, and although it took a while, everything worked just fine. After that I created both times of webpages. Then, I thought, hey, I should (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

(...) If you don't want to use the ExtractStrings function then do this: StringList := TStringList.Create; i := 1; String1 := ''; String2 := ListBox.Items[ListBo...temIndex]; while i <= Length(String2) do begin if String2[i] <> ' ' then begin (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

(...) Hi Eduardo, Have you considered asking the nice folks on the delphi newsgroup? (URL) might have better luck with this sort of question if you ask them. I suspect only a small percentage of the readers of the lugnet.cad.dev group know a whole (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

I need to know how can I pass a selected Listbox item to a lets say 4 edits. Example user clicks on a item an then delphi passes the 4 words in the current item to 4 edits a word in each edit. Can someone help me plase. I hope is not with (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Thanks for this pointer. I contacted Koen and he has gaciously donated his code to the synthesis effort. The results on his website are stunning. Going straight to triangles provides a much more finished looking result. This will work very well for (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts  [DAT]

(...) Steve, Thanks for the high level guidance. It is welcomed and appreciated. (...) Yes. Of course. I've set a few of my own goals also. An example of what I'm thinking about now is: 0 SYNTH BEGIN ELECTRIC_CABLE 1 0 -348 -114 70 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

I'm going to mostly stay out of this discussion for now. I will throw out a few suggestions/requirements, though: 1. The final definition should be renderable by ldraw.exe. 2. It might be a good idea to put each 'synthesizable part' in its own file (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program

(...) Here's a better way (I think, I haven't tested it yet); Use ExtractStrings as stated above and change the string you want to change. Then set the Delimter Property to ' ' set the QuoteChar Property to '' use the DelimitedText property to (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact