 CAD / Development / 7864
Re: I need help on Delphi so I can finnish my program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:42:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Eduardo Vazquez Harte writes:
I need to know how can I pass a selected Listbox item to a lets say 4 edits.
Example user clicks on a item an then delphi passes the 4 words in the
current item to 4 edits a word in each edit.

Can someone help me plase.

I hope is not with Extractlist funtion

If you don't want to use the ExtractStrings function then do this:

StringList := TStringList.Create;
i := 1;
String1 := '';
String2 := ListBox.Items[ListBox.ItemIndex];
while i <= Length(String2) do
begin
  if String2[i] <> ' ' then
  begin
  String1 := String1 + String2[i];
  inc(i);
  end
  else
  begin
   StringList.Add(String1);
   String1 := '';
   inc(i);
  end;
end;

Now the individual words are in the StringList with the Nth word of String2
being StringList[N-1].  You could also use an array of strings if you don't
want to use TStringList (i.e. StringList: array of string), in this case
instead if the Add method use:

SetLength(StringList,1);
StringList[0] := '';
i := 1;
j := 0;
String2 := ListBox.Items[ListBox.ItemIndex];
while i <= Length(String2) do
begin
  if String2[i] <> ' ' then
  begin
  StringList[j] := StringList[j] + String2[i];
  inc(i);
  end
  else
  begin
   SetLength(StringList, Length(StringList+1));
   inc(j);
   StringList[j] := '';
   inc(i);
  end;