 CAD / Development / 7837 (-10)
  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Larry, Yes, I'm glad you mentioned string. It is similar to both bands and tubes. I'm not much of a mathematical theoretician, so I'll probably need some help designing the algorithms, but I can code like a madman. Kevin "Larry Pieniazek" (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) I think this would be very nifty! (...) One other type of flexible part is string. Taut string should conform to the shape of whatever it is wound on, leave tangentially, and have a linear path to the other end. Slack string should conform to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite and XFree86 4.2?

(...) I'm not sure if MESA-demos (I just looked it up) is part of XFree86-devel. I suspect not. (...) I don't know about that. Perhaps MESA-lib is closely tied because of the intermingling of X and OpenGL protocols, but the higher level windowing (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite and XFree86 4.2?

(...) XFree86-devel is already installed. (...) I will see if I can get that to work, but I would expect it to be rather closely tied to the rest of the XFree86-package. Play well, Jacob -- Bregnerod (a LEGO town): (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

I'm relatively new to the LDRAW CAD world, but am very impressed with all the work that has been done. It is amazing that we have such a huge parts database to work with. I've been working on a tool for publishing LDRAW based designs. It has been in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: LDGLite and XFree86 4.2?

(...) That's not going to do it. You seem to be missing the glut library which is not a core OpenGL library, but a widely distributed toolkit that's used for most of the example programs. Ldglite uses this extensively to open the window, get the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDGLite and XFree86 4.2?

I use a Linux system where I do not have system administrator rights, but I would still like to compile and use LDGLite on it. My problem is that the system has XFree86 version 4.2 installed, and the names of some of the OpenGL/Mesa files seem to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) Yes - "Poll, silent update" - that's the option - it refreshes for me (400Mhz Celeron) every one to two seconds. Not sure if you can control the poll frequency, though. Lars, can you answer this? Chris (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) Thanks... I am having trouble with these instructions, maybe I'm not running the right versions of things? I have LDAO 2.1.8 and L3Lab 1.2. I'm not sure what the autofresh option is... when I launch LDAO editor on my part, I set the viewer to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Preview of a new ldraw editor "sort of"

(...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact