 CAD / Development / 7519
Re: Moving around in a CAD model.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:52:46 GMT

Does the LD4DModeler work on a Mac or linux box?  Part of my agenda
is to make something not tied to a specific platform, and I like to
make the source available so anyone can play with it.

Currently only Windows I am afraid, but when the beta sequence is over I
am planning to go opengl (besides directx). I could then port the whole
thing to linux with Borland Kylix.

Hmmm, I never thought of ldglite as an animation tool.  I was just
trying to make it easy to find cool camera shots for static scene
pictures.

Still very handy for test runs of scene's (single frames).

Sure, I love code, but perhaps you should make it available at your
own web site and post the URL here.  I doubt the DirectX part would
be portable, but I already have a way to dump opengl frames, and it
would be neat to learn how to assemble them into a movie file.

Actually I was planning code samples for my site, but as with many
things time won't let me :)

so I post it here for the ones interested.

   function Desktop2BMP(left, top, width, height: integer; filename:
string): boolean;

   var hwindesk : integer;
       hdcdesk : integer;
       bmp : tbitmap;

   begin
     //vraag desktop handle op
     hdcdesk:=0;
     hwindesk:=getdesktopwindow;
     try
       hdcdesk:=getwindowdc(hwindesk);
       result:=true;
     except
       result:=false;
     end;

     if result then
     begin
       //maak bitmap
       bmp:=tbitmap.create;
       bmp.width:=width;
       bmp.height:=height;

       //kopie en bewaren
       if bitblt(bmp.canvas.handle, 0, 0, width, height, hdcdesk, left,
top, SRCCOPY) then
         bmp.savetofile(filename)
       else
         result:=false;