 CAD / Development / 7317 (-10)
  Re: Self-Certification in parts tracker

I agree with Carsten. I think self certification is contrary to reason the parts tracker was formed, to put out quality error free parts. Those of you out there who work in fields where Quality Assurance is a big deal understand why self-cert can be (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Self-Certification in parts tracker

Hello! I thought we talked/discussed about self-certification in the parts tracker and came to the conclusion that self-certifications shouldn't be done. I noticed lateley that people submit parts to the parts tracker and self certify these right (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Issue with some of the holds on the Parts Tracker

Hello Orion, I think you may refer to some hold votes i did today. (...) I would never hold a part because of some bad vertex sequences only. But identical lines are a reason for doing this. Refer to the parts tracker documentation for L3P-error (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Issue with some of the holds on the Parts Tracker

I am at issue with some the hold votes that have given to parts on the PT. As the certify statement says, a part is certified if it is good for general release. In other words, we're not looking for absolute perfection, we are looking for a part (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Cloth Cape

(...) Not at this time - the Compactor preserves all decimals (except trailing zeroes, which it removes). The intent of the Compactor is to remove all extraneous material, without altering the actual data. If you want to trim all your lines to 3 (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Cloth Cape

(...) I am using version 2.1.5 In an editor window Options menu it shows 'Decimals (3)...'. Doesn't this work with the "compact" tool? Paul (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P error fixing idea (this looks better in raw text, I think)

(...) Hmm, the LEDIT emulation mode of ldglite uses the l3 parser which calls the function Resequence() right after printing that "bad vertex sequence" message. I bet if you opened the file in ldglite LEDIT mode and then just saved it they'd all be (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P error fixing idea...

Interesting.... ;-) Thanks! Franklin (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  L3P error fixing idea (this looks better in raw text, I think)  [DAT]

Some months back Lars was kind enough to email me about some errors he'd noticed in a part that I posted to .cad.parts. Most were "bad vertex sequence," but there were a few "identical line" errors and the like. At first my heart dropped when I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  L3P -check error messages

I was reading the L3P -check error mesage guidelines in the PT reaference section and came up with a few questions: 1. When using the -dist command what should the acceptible value. I use 0.1 and I noticed that the L3P check function as part of the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact