 CAD / Development / 7157 (-20)
  LD4DModeler 1.0 Beta 1 now available

I've decided to put it up regardless of the slow software rendering, hope you all have Video HW acceleration :) Needed information can be found in the same place as the zip with the setup (1.3MB). (URL) you like it and give me lot's of feedback and (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Problems submitting upadeted versions of official parts?

(...) Mark, The only files I've seen from you are a couple copies of the magnet, and now an updated 24 tooth gear. I never did anything with the magnet, because I disagreed with the change you made. The 24 tooth gear arrived Monday, I haven't had (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Problems submitting upadeted versions of official parts?

(...) Hi Mark, Do NOT attempt to directly submit updated parts using your userid! Do NOT change part number to force submission! This would result in more work for the administrator. May be he would resent you. Do not press him. Nothing urgent. Be (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Problems submitting upadeted versions of official parts?

How do I go about submitting upadted versions of officail parts? I have sent a few to parts@ldraw.org, but have yet to see any of them appear on the tracker. Maybe they should have several people in charge of looking over parts submitted to this (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Digging up an old thread (was: The geometry of minifigs)

(...) Note that it's probably not possible to make proper arms that are backwards compatible because of the hand placement on the ends. So we'd need to assign new id numbers to the arms... right? Either that or we break a few thousand files. It may (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker suggestion

(...) Thanks for pointing this out, Jacob. Just don't check the rest of the tracker's pages right away, ok? Steve (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Digging up an old thread (was: The geometry of minifigs)

(...) I would *love* it if someone were to redo the arms and hand with higher accuracy. :) Steve (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Digging up an old thread (was: The geometry of minifigs)

(...) I have had thougt about this and I also think this is worth to be taken over. But I don't have time to realize this. If no one has a something against this you could make realistic arm parts. CU Bernd (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker suggestion

(...) The HTML coding is not quite perfect. Take a look at (URL) get an idea about the problems. Jacob (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Digging up an old thread (was: The geometry of minifigs)

(...) Considering the accuracy to which the torso and arm parts are modeled... is it possible at all to do realistic poses (like an ABS minifig) without nasty gaps and collisions? I've had trouble doing this before, but only just realized how bad it (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker suggestion

(...) Try (URL). :) I'd been thinking about this for awhile, but it was usually tied in with a whole "My Parts Tracker" kind of page. Which I never put together. Getting the review information was relatively easy. Steve (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker suggestion

Yes, exactly what I mean. Access would be through the same password interface for submitting/reviewing. -Orion (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker suggestion

(...) Do you mean you'd like to have a list of reviews that you've posted? More precisely, a list of parts you have reviewed? Steve (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: new rounded slopes...

(...) x464 - Slope Rounded 1 x 6 (URL) LMKWYT! ;-D Thanks, Franklin (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Parts Tracker suggestion

A smaal little suggestion for the Parts Tracker: Some sort of "what have I signed on to" page. This would make it much easier to find the parts that have a hold placed on it. -Orion (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Checking 48\1-4ring4.dat

(...) Wow. Just 4 seconds between the first and second review? Amazing. :) It's now re-certified. It's always amusing to watch the certified count jump when a single file is reviewed. Steve (22 years ago, 21-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Checking 48\1-4ring4.dat

(...) Done. Now we just need to get the file re-certified. I cast the first re-vote.... ;) Paul (22 years ago, 20-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Checking 48\1-4ring4.dat

(...) Steve, He's uploaded the file, it's been certified, and it's ready for admin review... Thanks, Franklin (22 years ago, 20-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Why Type 5 Lines?

(...) Sorry, I never intended to imply that it should replace type 5 lines. In addition to the problem of backwards compatibility, this will only work for BFC-certified parts. --Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Alternate Type 5 line algorithm and other BFC questions...

(...) Just check to see if the determinant of the matrix is negative. If it is, the matrix involves mirroring. --Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact