 CAD / Development / 7141
Re: Checking 48\1-4ring4.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Paul Easter wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
See <http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=p/48/1-4ring4.dat>

Can someone check the vertices in this file?  My calculations are differing
on most of the values, but only by 0.0001.  I used by Excel (in Windows
2000, on a Intel Pentium) and Perl (in Linux, on an Alpha processor) to
calculate the coordinates, and I got the same results both times.

As this file is one of the dependencies for the horse's head, I don't want
to Hold it unless necessary.  But I don't want to certify it if there are
errors.

Yes, I agree.

My Excel spreadsheet created file is varying by 0.0001 to 0.0002.

My code matches your code exactly.  Could you submit your file to the
tracker?  But please add an Author line for Sascha, he gets first-mover
props.

Steve
Done.
Now we just need to get the file re-certified. I cast the first re-vote.... ;)

Paul