 CAD / Development / 6640
6639  |  6641
Subject:
When Did Tiles Get Their Groove?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:44:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

[FUT lugnet.cad.dev]

Do any of you oldtimers remember exactly when the bases of the various
tile parts changed, to have the groove/indent around the edge?  Were all
the tiles changed at once, or did it take a while for everything to get
into the groove?

Awhile ago, Kevin Bane went to the trouble of making new LDraw files for
the grooved tiles (current LDraw tiles are grooveless).  It would be
nice (very nice!) to be able to sort the different patterned tile parts
out, and put some groove into the newer tiles.

If anyone has specific examples of patterned tiles in either grooved or
grooveless style, it would be good to know about that as well.

I'll post a list of the tiled parts in a bit.

Any information or insight on this topic would be ... groovy.

Steve
(sorry about the groovy puns)