 CAD / Development / 6563
6562  |  6564
Subject:
Errors in certified parts (was [Parts Tracker] Daily News)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:32:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
I'm planning on cutting a new parts update by the end of the week.  This
will be the 2001-02 update.  If you want to look the parts over now, while
there's a chance to fix problems, take a look at the certification list.
It's at <http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/certstatus.html>.  The update
will constist primarily of the parts at the top of the list, marked
"Certified!".

I have checked all "Certified" parts.
However, as a self-restriction, I do not apply "Hold" vote(s) on certified
parts. I have no right of veto. I just report.

32184 Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular  3L
  The beam is single-faced because of missing polygones.
  This part is a part fix.
  In my opinion part fixes should fix once and forever.
  So I would vote "Hold".

2989 Bumper Holder 1 x 4
  Missing edge at bottom of left and right joiners.
  Not very annoying.

Actually there are other errors or imperfections in other parts including
most impressive ones. I resign because official parts is more important than
infinite precision.

Damien