 CAD / Development / 6492 (-20)
  castle minifig torsos?

Hello all, I am finally getting around to finishing putting my Trojan horse model into LDraw -- I started LEditing it at least five years ago (really, it's a simple model; I've just been ignoring it) -- and I am almost done. All that's left to do is (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw History - here's one for the old timers in the group....

(...) Some more dates: September, 1999 Datsville (at first LCADville) was born. Although Datsville never went as far as I (and others) would like to have seen it go, I think it made an important contribution to seeing what could be done with LCAD. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.people)

  Net generator spreadsheet

If you want to model a curved net as used in some sets try my net generator. Take a look at www.sayce-jones.co.u...go\cad\net Right click on the small image to download the spreadsheet. Modify the map worksheet to generate the net shape you want and (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Number of parts?

1589 not counting subparts and primitives. Leonardo ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> To: <lugnet.cad.dev@lugnet.com> Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 8:34 AM Subject: Number of parts? (...) or (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Number of parts?

Do we have an official tally of the number of official parts in the LCad library? I would include the multitude of official torsos and decorated elements, but I'm not as curious about the number of official primitives or subparts. Any info will help (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite bug reports

(...) Well, one could think of the orthographic projection as a perspective projection seen from an infinite distance through a telephoto lense (at least that's the way I think of it). I'm not sure that helps me come up with unified coordinate (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite bug reports

Don: (...) The tiling works fine, but it is extremely slow compared to rendering the whole image in one piece. (...) Those notes are quite easy to understand once you find them. ----- (...) Considering that we are considering parallel projections, (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite bug reports

(...) Wow! Lots of bugs reports all at once. Where do I start? I don't know what's up with xvfb the aspect ratio problem. It seems odd since you can reshape an ldglite window and the aspect ratio is handled correctly. I guess I'll have to get xvfb (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDGLite bug report: Setting of z clipping plane without any effect

I have played around with running LDGLite as a pure command line tool by redirecting its output to a virtual X server (Xvfb). This works fine once you figure out how to generate the appropriate orientation matrices to compensate for unusual aspect (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker: Alpha Version of Parts Release

(...) Umm, I'd say yes. Especially in KEYWORDS entries. I can sort of imagine that we *might* need to put 'train car' in a part's title, but I can't think of a specific instance of that. Are you asking this because of something specific on the parts (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDGLite bug report: Segmentation fault on Linux/Alpha

I managed to compile LDGLite for Linux/Alpha, but every time I run the program it aborts with a segmentation fault just after it has opened its drawing window. I suspect - as I have written elsewhere - that this is due to a mismatch in the size of C (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Using LDGLite with Xvfb

Dan: (...) LDGLite still seg-faults on Linux/Alpha. I have been playing with LDGLite and Xvfb on a Linux/IA32 system this weekend. I suppose that the source of the segmentation fault is a mismatch in the size of C integers and pointers on the Alpha (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Using LDGLite with Xvfb

(...) well, we could try it with VNC - if you got LDGlite to work now? :) Dan (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Using LDGLite with Xvfb

(...) Making the screen even wider was not a practical solution. There is a screen width limit somewhere between 2048 and 4096 pixels. Now I simply made Xvfb work with a 2048 by 2048 pixel display: Xvfb :9 -screen 2048x2048x24 -ac This gives (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Using LDGLite with Xvfb

I have experimented a bit with using Xvfb as X server for LDGLite. It seems to work, but there are some things to be aware of. I start Xvfb with the command: Xvfb :9 -screen 0 2048x1280x24 -ac "-ac" means that there is no access control. That's kind (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  world - tile ratios , environment

Hi, I'm trying to create a town like Datsville, except that it's expandable. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to implement skysphere layers like clouds, terrain importation and textures, and overlaying and expansion of roads to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker: Alpha Version of Parts Release

It seems the word Car is a little source of potential misunderstandings. To me, it has always been equal to automobiles like Ford and Opel and others on rubber wheels. Until LDraw. Now, when I see the word car, an alarm clock rings and I'm not sure (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Parts Tracker: Alpha Version of Parts Release

Hey all! I'm working through the update-packager program, and I've got some initial results for you to check through. If a few people could take a look at this, especially the complete.zip and lcad0101.zip files, I'd appreciate it. Once we know (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw History - here's one for the old timers in the group....

Hello - I'm working on one of the ideas I discussed with the Jessimans at Brickfest this year. While we were making up the powerpoint presentation for the talk at the event, we thought it would be nice to develop a complete history of the LDraw (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.people) !!

  Re: Part: Excavator arm / bucket (small)

(...) And here is the arm part (URL) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact