 CAD / Development / 6427
Re: Future extension of dat files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 13:07:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Lachmann writes:
Hy,

some time ago I've been told by somebody that extensions of dat files should
be changed to something else.

Can somebody remember what it was - and whats the actual status - I didn't
hear about it since then...

Michael

Michael -
The new extension should be .ldr.  I'd recommend saving files at .ldr as
default, but leave the option to save as .dat.  Also, when opening a file,
look for both .dat and .ldr as a default.

BTW (for everyone, since this is on a public group) this has been discussed
over and over again for several years even.  Just never put into practice.

-Tim