 CAD / Development / 604
Re: [Parts] Plate 1x1 Round with Towball
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 21:32:37 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999 02:35:41 GMT, Joshua Delahunty
<dulcaoin@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote:

Grey came in (at least):

Segmented Arm 'Hand', Ball Joint, M

Set  U.S. Set Name      Year Theme
---- ------------------ ---- ---------------
6901 Mobile Lab         1980 LEGOLAND Space
6339 Shuttle Launch Pad 1995 Launch Command
6544 Shuttle Transcon 2 1995 Launch Command

With or without threading holes in the towball?

I've never seen holes, though that doesn't mean they're not there.
:-P (I'm 99% certain that the original, used-for-hands elements,
didn't have the hole).

FWIW, the instruction scans on kl.net are very high quality, well
enough to see that the instructions don't show a hole (I checked 6339
and 6544, the modern uses of this element, most likely to have this
change).

Are we sure that folks aren't confusing this very old item with the
fairly-brand-new towball-connected-to-a-Mini-Figure-Grip element?
That latter mostly comes in Dk-Grey and has ALWAYS had a hole through
it.  It's not the same thing, however; this latter element doesn't
have a stud involved at all.

-- joshua