 CAD / Development / 497
Re: parts wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 15:59:00 GMT

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:40:46 GMT, Fredrik Glöckner
<fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:

at the website

   http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/ldraw/

BTW, the part "2853 Technic Crankshaft" is probably "impossible" to make
properly in LDraw.  This is because of the way the Technic axles are
constructed in LDraw; the ends are not rounded as in real life.

I'm not following the problem, here.  It may because I don't have one of
these pieces to look at, but I'm not seeing what shows through, and if
something did show through, how having rounded-end axles would help.  I
modified your code to use a 10LDU-thick collar, and everything looked
OK.

Steve