 CAD / Development / 498
RE: part: panel 1 x 2 x 1 with black grille pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 16:08:04 GMT

John VanZwieten wrote:
Here's another tip I use when making patterns for parts:

When a patterned part is shown at small scales, they become
distorted.  The black sections may bleed together (if they
are drawn first.  If the color 16 sections are drawn first,
then they will bleed together.)  So what I would do in this
case is first draw type 2 color 16 lines in the exact center
of each color 16 area, then draw the black areas, and finally
fill in the color 16 areas.  At higher magnification, the
type 2 lines will be invisible, but at lower magnification,
they will make sure at least some color 16 shows through
between the black areas.  Not everyone does this, so it's
just a suggestion, but one I think makes for better looking
patterned parts.

I think it is a bad tendency if we are going to speculate in
specific rendering programs: adding extra drawing commands,
so that at least some of them will show under certain
circumstances.

Hints for specific rendering techniques should be given as
meta commands.
/Lars