 CAD / Development / 4882
Re: Windows 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 05:10:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ben Vaughan writes:

snip [...]

Marsbase is hosted on a 2000 server in my home and is
down only when I take down.  The reliability is phenominal.  The speed is
there as well.  However, Mladen is correct in saying that not all games run.
Tim, if you're going to game, DO stick with Win9x.  And look to Windows
Millenium when it's released, it'll do nicely for you.

Ben (& everyone) thanks for the pointers.  I'll do a little more research as I
have a week or so before I can borrow an external SCSI burner for the backup
job.  I think I'm leaning towards 2k though.  No, I'm not a gamer - and I
apologize in advance to my future roommate at college ;)

Is Millenium the home user version like 9x has been?  Or is it network-
oriented too like 2k??

    Lastly, I can state with certainty that all the latest LEGO related
software runs,and runs well on 2000.  I haven't run LDRAW/LEDIT in ages since
I started using MLCad, but I can't see a reason why it wouldn't.

Great!

Just my .02.  Gads, hope we don't have a flame war brewing.  Ick.  8)

Why would we?

Thanks!

-Tim