 CAD / 4165
Re: Windows 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:31:31 GMT

I have never tried to run MLCad on 2000 since I do not have it, but until now
I did not receive any hint that there are problems.
From my best knowledge I can say I did no special thing in MLCad which would
hinder it from running on 2000, beside there might be bugs showing up on 2000.

Anyway you could try to do a parallel installation of 2000 first before
actually migrating any previous installations ....
I cannot imagine that 2000 has no Dos-Prompt at all but it might have that of
Windows NT. LDraw/Ledit run without any problems on NT since it doesn't
directly access specific hardware ...

Michael

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney writes:
I'm strongly considering purchasing Windows 2000 when I back up and reformat
my system in the near future.  I'm curious if MLCad and if LEdit will run in
them.  I know LEdit is for DOS, and Microsoft is doing away with DOS - so does
that mean it can't emulate a command prompt environment to run LEdit??  And,
Mike - does MLCad run in 2000?  Has it been tested?

A couple of concerns before I make a serious switchover.

-Tim