 CAD / Development / 4357 (-10)
  Re: Sphere Primitive

(...) You'd have to ask James these questions. Only he would know. It *looks* like the non-planar quads could be a rounding error, or rounding limitation, since he used just 2 decimal places. Steve (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

Chuck Sommerville <chucks@he.net> wrote in message news:FsK824.2vK@lugnet.com... (...) I was talking about rendering engines like LDLite, MLCad, L3Lab, etc. You are correct that BFC won't help ray tracing. The big thing that would help ray tracing (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) In other words, every face in a subfile will have other faces in the part-construction that will form the other side of the solid, right? That sounds correct. (...) There are only a couple of non-symmetrical primitives, but they are used (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) BFC wont help ray tracers. Just because a surface isn't visible from the _current_ camera position, doesn't mean it doesnt cast a shadow or a reflection. Ray tracers need those backsides. -Chuck (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

koen <koen.jordens@studen...ven.ac.be> wrote in message news:FsK5CI.BxG@lugnet.com... (...) time, (...) "Fast" is a relative term. For very large models, Datsville for example, it takes long enough to render that even a 30% increase in speed makes (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

I've got a little question. Why are you working so hard on BFC. The rendering in Ldraw, L3lab, MLcad,.... is already very fast. Is the speed improvement gained with BFC supposed to provide the extra time, so you can turn an model in realtime, with a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The geometry of minifigs

(...) The angle of the side of the minifig torso as Ldrawn is 9.782 degrees (arctan 4.655/27) from the vertical. Hope this helps. Chris (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  The geometry of minifigs

At what angle and point do the arm/shoulder of the minifig connect to the torso? What is the angle and offset of the bend of the minifig arm and what is the angle of the hand with respect to the pin which connects it to the arm? I don't see how (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) This points out that ray traced renderings of the transparent version of these pieces will not render the refraction correctly. In the best of all worlds, the interior surface would be removed. For ray tracing, the model could be replaced with (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Sphere Primitive

(...) I suspected this problem when I reviewed the precision of all the circular primitives, which is why I left them alone at that time. But... I never went back to check thoroughly! Chris (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact