 CAD / Development / 4357
Re: Sphere Primitive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 20:40:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Rui Martins wrote:

Is it just me or the sphere primitives have non planar quads ?

Or is the sphere distorted to allow for planar quads ?

Why where the sphere done in this way instead of the usual (full quads with
triangles on the poles) or (all triangles) ?

I hope there wasa practical reason, like less geometry or something.

You'd have to ask James these questions.  Only he would know.

It *looks* like the non-planar quads could be a rounding error, or
rounding limitation, since he used just 2 decimal places.

Steve
--
Augh!  I just realized I messed up the winding in 48\1-8sphe.dat!  It
looks like a curved triangular checkerboard in L3Lab!