 CAD / Development / 4314
Re: Influencing what parts people work on
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 06:26:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

So, this is a good time to re-iterate the purpose of the Gnu Public
License (GPL): it makes gratis stuff stay gratis.  Even more
importantly, if you word it correctly, you can force anyone who
creates an element that uses stud.dat to release their element
under the GPL. (You'd probably only want to make the things
in /p/*.dat "sticky". You'd release the bricks in /parts/*.dat
under the LGPL, so people would not have to release their
models.

-gyug

In lugnet.cad.dev, Leonardo Zide writes:
Tore Eriksson wrote:

But then again, I sence that the spirit of "gratis" is, just like John Van
wrote, in danger.