 CAD / Development / 4311
Re: Influencing what parts people work on
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:38:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Tore Eriksson wrote:

But then again, I sence that the spirit of "gratis" is, just like John Van wrote, in danger. I already felt it when the
CD-rom project was discussed. Also, how far can we push our luck until TLC's lawyers return to their word processors...?

  I have to agree with John and Tore, all the parts/software I wrote in
the past were done without expecting to get anything back. I don't want
to be rude but we are fine doing everything for free and I'd like to
keep things that way, I know it's been a long time since I last wrote a
new part and that most people here don't like LeoCAD but I don't think
there's any reason why we should try to see how far TLG will let us go.

  Of course, we can't get on the way if 2 people decide to make a deal
but I don't even want to know about it and I don't want to turn this
into a marketplace. I'm afraid the next thing we are going to see is
people fighting because of money.

A strange thing happened to me today: A toy manufacturer contacted me via e-mail and asked me if I am willing to
develope software to their constuction toys. (Has anyone else recieved a similar mail recently?) There is a small
possibility that it's a scam, but I don't think so. Anyway, I'm cautious - but curious. Why am I telling this? I count
it as yet another reward for my L-CAD efforts.

  I've got an email about 1 year ago from a Denmark company who wanted
to show LeoCAD to TLG. :)

Leonardo