 CAD / Development / 4094
Re: oops. i'm new at this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 14:35:34 GMT

"Jonathan Gevaryahu" <Jgevaryahu(remove)@hotmail.com> writes:

uh, actually, if I could, *I* would like to try at modeling some of
the parts on that list!

Anybody are free to model any parts they feel like doing, but it is in
their own interest to see if anybody else are working on the same part
already.  Without the part tracker working, I see no better solution
than to post a query here.

Also note that even though you model a part, it may not be accepted as
an official part.  There is a voting process, but I'm sure you've
heard about this by now.

Personally, I have no problem with your previous post.  We've had some
noise in the CAD groups before because one person was constantly
asking for other people to model parts.  This has made the group a bit
tense about requests like that, but the situation has since improved.
With normal courtesy, you should get along nicely.

I already read the modeling faq, but is there any good program to
simplify modeling new pieces?  It would make a somewhat tedious job
much easier.

It appears to me like everybody are using different approaches to
model parts.  I would suggest starting out with your fav editor and
explore the various tools people have made when you feel like doing
that.

Fredrik