 CAD / Development / 4092
Re: Are any of these parts done/in progress (BIG POST)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 10:43:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jonathan Gevaryahu writes:
I, an avid lego user in earlier years, was amazed to see the amount of
progress and programs, particularly ldraw, that were created for lego use on
computers.

However, I couldn't help but notice that several of ldraw's parts are missing,
and as the parts tracker
( http://www3.hmc.edu/~zbenz/parttracker/partlist.shtml ) is down, I
cant tell which ones are being worked on, etc.

here are several (dozen) parts which I would like to know the status of:

(I'm reading the four digit numbers off of these pieces in front of me, and
when I can't, I'll Put ????)

#???? 1x1 Brick Round with sloped sides to 1 stud width on top (cone shaped
with flat top)
4589.DAT ??

#???? Castle/Imperial/Pirate Minifig Shoulder Pads
I've started some design work - but its in the early stages

#3068p(2 or 24) 2x2 tile w/#1
This is done as 3068p81 and submitted for the next voting (see
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=582)

#2549-1-01 Pirate Bridge
(a fairly sizable piece)
A mock-up was done recently bt Tore Eriksson (see
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=735)

#971-3-01 Minifig Right Peg-Leg
I've started some design work

#977-???? Minifig Hand-Hook [pirate]
I've started some design work

#???? (10-01 or 01-10, depends which side you put first) Minifig Pirate
Captain's hat
I've started some design work

#???? VERY ODD shaped brick (1x4x2?) with one stud on top center and curved
sides with humps!
Do you mean the Fabuland car radiator / pirate ship decorative part. This has
been submitted for the next voting (see
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=520)

b-Cyborg patterned head
Almost complete - probably ready to submit - I'll take another look at it.

imperial shirt (torso)
I have this drawn up

cyborg's body (Note: the legs and hips are done)
do you mean 973p63.dat ?

torso with RED horizontal stripes [freestyle?]
973p15.dat is generic for both blue and red - the part colour determines the
stripe colour - torso is hard-coded white

waiter's shirt [freestyle]
do you mean 973p20.dat ?

spyrius? body
I think i have this drawn up

I can/will supply pictures of these parts if necessary. (and it probably will
be :) )
It is almost impossible to correctly LDraw parts from pictures. Parts authors
have been advised only to submit for voting, parts drawn with the actual piece
in their hand.

Note that where you quote part numbers like nnnn-xx-yy, only nnnn is the part
number - the xx-yy are probably mould identifiers. The Pxx numbers used in
LDraw for patterned parts are arbitrary and not part of the TLG nomenclature.

In general please be patient in your quest for new parts. All this is being
done in peoples spare time, and most of the "easy" rectilinear parts are
already done. Curved surfaces and minifig scale accessories take time. If you
have the parts, the mind and the time to develop the skills, there's nothing to
stop you becoming an author yourself - see the LDraw FAQ at
http://www.ldraw.org/memorial/archive/FAQ/ for the technical stuff.

Chris Dee