 CAD / Development / 3321
Re: Centering (was: I need help with the new tread links)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 15:20:41 GMT

That was a trick answer. I don't know how and I am hoping someone will
say how. I think MLCad takes the center of the grouping bounding
rectangle.

It certainly doesn't seem to be based on the origin. I had a submodel
that I made sure had its 0,0,0 point where I wanted the center of
rotation to be, didn't help.

In this particular case I would make sure (by adding links at both top
and bottom) that the center of the rectangle was the center of the gear.
But one cannot always ensure that to be the case.

Dave Schuler wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Well, I'd get one positioned correctly in good contact with the gear,
and in the horizontal plane, then group the two items together, make
sure the center of rotation is the center of the gear, and rotate by the
proper number of degrees.

  Actually, you've mentioned off-handedly something that's been bugging me for
a long time; how do you "set" the center of rotation?
  As with a lot of my questions, I'm afraid the answer might be embarrassingly
simple, but I haven't been able to come up with anything reliable and
efficient so far.

    Dave!