 CAD / Development / 3319
Re: I need help with the new tread links
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:56:02 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

Basicly I cant figure out the right angles and positions to fit a complete set
around the gears I have.

Well, I'd get one positioned correctly in good contact with the gear,
and in the horizontal plane, then group the two items together, make
sure the center of rotation is the center of the gear, and rotate by the
proper number of degrees.

(proper number is 360/number of teeth, I think, since each chain link
takes up one tooth on the gear IIRC... no, it takes up 2. so make that
180/number of teeth)

(in MLCad you can set the fine rotation angle to 1 degree or less which
should let you do what you want....)