 CAD / Development / 3069
Re: Comprehensive meta-command list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 13:53:11 GMT

Gary Williams wrote in message ...

Lars C. Hassing wrote in message <939367581.966085@ns.cci.dk>...
But I admit that the idea that FACE (C)CW only affects the triangles/
quads of the current file, and that INVERT only affects subfiles
is much easier to comprehend and thus is a better solution.
/Lars

In addition to being easier to comprehend, it has the advantage that each
part and primitive file only has to concern itself with its own vertex
order, and is not dependent on any other file.  This is the primary benefit.
This makes parts and primitives truly modular and interchangeable.

"...not dependent on any other file..." Well, I hope you agree that files
depend on the inside/outside-definition of subfiles?
Otherwise a file wouldn't know whether or not to use the INVERT.
/Lars