 CAD / Development / 3029
Re: Comprehensive meta-command list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:29:07 GMT

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:13:30 GMT, "Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com>
wrote:

0 INVERT

0 INVERT END (only needed if 0 INVERT has a persistent meaning)

No, never needed, since "0 INVERT" is a toggle!

True.  '0 INVERT END' may be allowed as a syntactic convenience to authors.
Or 0 INVERT could be rewritten as

0 INVERT [ON|OFF|TOGGLE]

where TOGGLE would be the default action.

Since INVERT is directly related to the CW and CCW parameters of the FACE
meta-command, why not let it be yet another parameter to FACE ?

I think the INVERT is only meant as a convenience, since
[example snipped]

0 INVERT is different from 0 FACE [CW|CCW] in a couple of ways:

- 0 INVERT affects subfile commands.  0 FACE affects triangle and quad
  commands.
- 0 INVERT is passed through to subfiles. 0 FACE only affects the current
  file.

To make this whole CCW-business a success I believe it is important to
have the part authors in mind: it should be as easy and understandable
as possible.

I agree with that competely.

Steve