 CAD / Development / 3058
Re: Comprehensive meta-command list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 07:02:11 GMT

Gary Williams wrote in message ...

Lars C. Hassing wrote in message <939050465.592693@ns.cci.dk>...
Since INVERT is directly related to the CW and CCW parameters of the FACE
meta-command, why not let it be yet another parameter to FACE ?

Because INVERT and FACE have very different meanings.

I think the INVERT is only meant as a convenience, since
0 FACE CCW
0 FACE INVERT
1 16 ...
0 FACE INVERT

is the same as

0 FACE CCW
0 FACE CW
1 16 ...
0 FACE CCW

No, it isn't.

FACE only affects polygons in the same file.  Ideally this meta-command
would only occur once in a given dat file.

INVERT inverts polygons from other files.

Well, my assumption was that CCW was the default and that the current
facing was passed to the subfile. Under these circumstances I think
that my two examples are equivalent!

But I admit that the idea that FACE (C)CW only affects the triangles/
quads of the current file, and that INVERT only affects subfiles
is much easier to comprehend and thus is a better solution.
/Lars