 CAD / Development / 2998
2997  |  2999
Subject:
Comprehensive meta-command list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 04:20:30 GMT

I'm attempting to compile a list of all meta-commands...did I miss anything?

Current (From the LDraw FAQ):

0 <description>

If the first line of the file is a comment, it's assumed to be the
description of the file.

0 STEP

Used to indicate the end of a step, and save a bitmap.  Also pause until the
user presses 'enter'.

0 WRITE (PRINT) <text>

Used to display a message.

0 CLEAR

Used to clear the screen.

0 PAUSE

Used to pause until the user presses 'enter'.

0 SAVE

Used to save a bitmap.

MPD:

0 FILE <filename>

Used to indicate the beginning of a subassembly that may be referenced as
any external file normally would be.

Supported by LDLite:

0 COLORNAME <name> <index>

Used to name a color.

Used to define a point.

0 MATRIX <name> <a...i>

Used to define a matrix.

<d_b>

Used to define a color.

Used to translate everything until the END is encountered.

first one for?)

Used to rotate everything until the END is encountered.

0 SCALE { factor | END }

Used to scale everything until the END is encountered.

0 TRANSFORM { <x...z, a...i> | END }

Used to apply an orientation matrix to everything until the END is
encountered.

(Can the orientation matrix be a named matrix?)

Proposed:

0 FACE { CW | CCW | DOUBLE-SIDED | UNKNOWN }

Used to indicate the vertex order for all polygon definitions that follow.
Assumed UNKNOWN until this line is encountered.

0 INVERT

0 INVERT END (only needed if 0 INVERT has a persistent meaning)

Used to invert sub-parts / primitives that are referenced between the two
commands so that inside and outside faces are to be reversed from the way
they're actually represented in their original definition.  Used to allow
rendering routines to employ backface culling.

These may be needed if there's no way to invert an asymmetrical part simply
by manipulating its orientation matrix alone.

If an INVERT is nested directly or indirectly within another INVERT, then
the second one cancels the first until the next INVERT END is encountered.

WizardCAD will support all of these.

I still expect to have a beta version (0.5) ready around the beginning of
November.

-Gary