 CAD / Development / 2876
Re: DAT format question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 23:59:55 GMT

Would it be too restrictive of my CAD program to require that all parts (and
nothing but parts) are stored in the parts and parts/s directories, and all
primitives (and nothing but primitives) are stored in the p directory?
Models could exist anywhere, and a model's submodels could exist in either
the models directory or the directory where the model was opened from.
There would be absolutely no other directory-searching as is currently
allowed by other software.

This seems like the most elegant solution.

-Gary