 CAD / Development / 2852
Re: DAT format question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 02:52:44 GMT

"Gary Williams" <graywolf@pcpros.net> writes:
This raises the question: What's the difference between a primitive
and a sub-part, and should they be interpreted any differently?

A primitive is in the p\ directory, a sub-part is in parts\s\
As far as I understand, a primitive is a general purpose shape, usually
with dimensions around 1x1x1 LDU for easy scaling.
Sub-parts are usually used by only one part, or for many of the same part
with different patterns.  Sub parts are entire sections of parts made up
of multiple primitives and are rarely scaled when placed into the
finished part.
(Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this)
--Bram