 CAD / Development / 2351
Re: Could MPeedy be integrated into LDAO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:51:15 GMT

LDAO actually is quite good for adding utilities.  It's not that hard a
process, but it is an additional barrier.  Having some of the most important
utilities come "standard" with LDAO would be great.

For example:  I know that setting up L3P to work with LDAO is quite simple--I
did it on my old PC and it worked great.  One button press created a .pov
file.  But since I got the new machine late last year, I haven't bothered to
figure out just what I did before, and have instead resorted to the DOS
command line (still pretty easy for L3P, but a waste anyway.)

I don't think it's reasonable to expect all utility authors to configure their
programs as plug-ins, but for the most-used ones it would be really nice.

-John Van