 CAD / Development / 2349
2348  |  2350
Subject:
Could MPeedy be integrated into LDAO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:54:51 GMT

Steve (and authors of .MPD utilities),

Could a utility to build and unpack .mpd files be integrated into LDAO?  I
fear that unless we make it as easy to create an .mpd file as it is to inline
submodels, the .mpd format will not reach (almost) universal acceptance.

With the OMR becoming a reality, it would really be a shame if all those
models had their submodels inlined rather than .mpd'ed.

I realize that even now, making .mpd's work only involves getting one of the
.mpd utilities and setting it up to work with LDAO, but this seems too much
for a large number of people.

-John Van