 CAD / Development / 2364
Re: Could MPeedy be integrated into LDAO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 20:49:19 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:54:51 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

Steve (and authors of .MPD utilities),

Could a utility to build and unpack .mpd files be integrated into LDAO?

Yes.  Or I could just add the functions to LDAO as a set of internal tools
(like the inliner and outliner are).

Please, please, please.

fear that unless we make it as easy to create an .mpd file as it is to • inline
submodels, the .mpd format will not reach (almost) universal acceptance.

That would be sad.

I realize that even now, making .mpd's work only involves getting one of • the
.mpd utilities and setting it up to work with LDAO, but this seems too much
for a large number of people.

Would it help to replace (or enhance) the Tool Manager with a Tool Wizard,
to walk people through the process of connecting to tools?

Maybe this would help.  The Tool Manager is very versatile, but not completely
intuitive.

I should also make LDAO smarter about looking for specific tools.  There
aren't all that many around.

Yeah!  Combined with the Tool Wizard, it could take you through looking for
L3P, MPeedy (and/or MPDBuilder), LDList, etc.   Maybe even include the URLs
for finding utilities not present.

-John Van