 CAD / Development / 1935
Re: fixes??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 15:04:19 GMT

On Sun, 30 May 1999 16:19:25 GMT, Mookie <Mookie@execpc.com> wrote:

Ok, I checked this a little better now, it's only in LDLite that I'm
missing lines on the studs.. Ldraw a little, though the part that's
missing in ldraw is opposite, so I'm guessing it's more the renderer
like you mentioned.  is there something we can do with ldlite to get it
to draw the lines a little better? Or should I just "deal" with it? :)

The problem is the primitive stud*.dat files are specifying two different
colors for the same voxel (3D pixel)--the voxels are the edges are being
filled with both the edge color and the surface color.  So the renderer has
to 'decide' which color to use.

Without making drastic changes in the LDraw language, there's not much that
can be done.  If the edges are 'cheated' (moved slightly above the surface
so they will alway be drawn), they will appear to float above the surface
at high resolutions.

Steve