 CAD / Development / 1914
    fixes?? —Tamyra Teed ("Mookie")
   Is it possible for someone to fix the stud.dat primitives so there aren't holes in the tops of the studs in the detail lines? Or is this only the way every brick and plate draws on my system? it seems there is always a hole in the detail line upper (...) (25 years ago, 29-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: fixes?? —Chris Dee
   (...) I'm not sure this is a problem with the primitives themselves - more an issue with the renderer? When you view from above at high magnification, do you get the complete circle? If so, this should prove that all the lines are defined in the (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: fixes?? —Tamyra Teed ("Mookie")
   (...) No, I don't get the full circle at any resolution, there is always the missing section from about 7:00 to 11:00. I'm viewing these in ldlite, though I believe I've seen this before in ldraw and ledit.. I'll take another look though just to be (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: fixes?? —Tamyra Teed ("Mookie")
   (...) Ok, I checked this a little better now, it's only in LDLite that I'm missing lines on the studs.. Ldraw a little, though the part that's missing in ldraw is opposite, so I'm guessing it's more the renderer like you mentioned. is there (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: fixes?? —Steve Bliss
   (...) The problem is the primitive stud*.dat files are specifying two different colors for the same voxel (3D pixel)--the voxels are the edges are being filled with both the edge color and the surface color. So the renderer has to 'decide' which (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: fixes?? —Leonardo Zide
   (...) You don't need to change anything in the LDraw language, you can use something called "Polygon Offset" (those who have used OpenGL will know what I mean), it moves the lines a little bit to the front when checking the Z-buffer. You'd just need (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: fixes?? —Steve Bliss
     (...) Oh, right. Yes, cheating the lines in the renderer is acceptable. It doesn't help Mookie, but it would be a long-term solution. Steve (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: fixes?? —Paul Gyugyi
   Luckily, you have access to the LDLite source code. And it is the following lines near the top of stub.c: // replace pixels within tolerance to avoid rounding problems #define Z_LINE_TOLERANCE 2 // move lines closer to viewer before drawing to avoid (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: fixes?? —Leonardo Zide
   (...) Did you get the changes to the way LDLite saves bitmaps that I submited about 2 months ago ? You haven't told me anything. Leonardo (25 years ago, 7-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: fixes?? —Paul Gyugyi
   It's in 1.7, which will get released as soon as work lets up a bit. Thanks for the code. -gyug (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)