 CAD / Development / 11169
Re: Ideas for partbin group sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:47:44 GMT

Hi Roland,

Thanks this seems like a good starting point,

I there a (practical) reason you didn't put slope bricks under bricks e.g.:

bricks
- plain
- etc
- slope
- - 45 deg
- - 33 deg

The bin supports unlimited levels and you can use the same group in multiple
branches.

Roland

There is a reason. I tend to sort bricks by function (give or take) and slope
bricks are rarely interchangeable with regular bricks.

With multiple levels I'd probably favour

Slopes
-45 deg
--1x
--2x
--other
-33 deg
--1x
--2x
--other
-Other

That way if you want to build, say, a roof you can simply select the category
with the correct angle and choose widths from there.

Obviously I'm not trying to force my own systems on you. But that's why I keep
them separate.

Tim