 CAD / Development / 11167
Re: Ideas for partbin group sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:49:17 GMT

Roland Melkert wrote:

I've been working on my LDraw editor during my vacation, and I'm
wondering on how to populate the partbin by default.

The general mechanics are done and I only need to 'sort' the library
so it's handy to use during editing.

Not exactly sorting and subclassing, but what about an edit box where you
could enter filtering critera, like "1 x 2" or "diver" etc. By coincidence,
this is exactly what my LDList program does :-)
http://blockcad.net/ldlist.htm It allows search by number, name,
description, KEYWORDs or studcount (not completely reliable, it is really
the studxxx.dat count of the parts).

I find it a great way to quickly find parts, and it would (IMO) be super to
have that functionality *inside* the editing program.

(The Delphi source is available at the above adress)

--
Anders Isaksson