 CAD / Development / 10542 (-20)
  Re: Alternate 6208 B-Wing Escort Fighter

(...) Yeah, your default settings tend to hide certain surface flaws. Your light source (where is it by the way?) and smooth shading are as effective as dim lighting and heavy makeup. Perhaps not the best thing for a parts designer to be using. But (...) (17 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Alternate 6208 B-Wing Escort Fighter

(...) I have to wonder if I'm partially to blame. Perhaps the part author was using LDView (thumbnail is linked to bigger image, generated by LDView): (URL) Everything looks great there. --Travis (17 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Alternate 6208 B-Wing Escort Fighter

(...) I'm wondering if something can't be done for general fits between two or three parabolas (perhaps I'm best to start with one parabolas and two lines). I'm trying to think of things but unfortunately geometry is my weakest branch of (...) (17 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Alternate 6208 B-Wing Escort Fighter

(...) If you fix that one, perhaps you can take up the challenge of (URL) the wedge brick>. I don't think we ever solved that one properly for ldraw. Enjoy, Don (17 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Alternate 6208 B-Wing Escort Fighter

(...) Hi Don, That problem has bugged me for a while but I didn't realise there was such a simple solution to it. I imagine that something similar can be done where both edges are curves by setting up shells along the double curves. Now I'm off the (...) (17 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Alternate 6208 B-Wing Escort Fighter

(...) I like the ship, and especially that you've done it up in LDraw on the Mac. Cool. I'll have to leave any other comments to the starwars and building experts though. What I really like about that particular cad picture is the way it highlights (...) (17 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Finaly: I completed my new LDraw render engine

(...) I'm not sure if I know what you mean here. But an importer will most likely create joints for all parts in the MPD. Otherwise it will be difficult to determine which to do and which ones not. (...) I'll see what I can add to help automate some (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Finaly: I completed my new LDraw render engine

(...) Thank {you} if you implement it ;-) - I'd hate to do all that work over again. BTW if you're able to incorporate that function, it would be nice if you can merge individual submodels since more than 90% of mine are usually just angled sections (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Finaly: I completed my new LDraw render engine

(...) If everything goes well, I'll expect the first beta in a couple of months. (...) Not as far I'm concerned. An actor describes the connections between an group of parts. You can then use any actor in an 'character'. And there is no coded limit (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Finaly: I completed my new LDraw render engine

(...) This is just the kind of program I've been longing for since before I decided to MLCad all my mocs - it was actually one of the main motivations. Man, I'm looking forward to see it completed!! A couple of questions: Assuming that the bot is an (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Finaly: I completed my new LDraw render engine

(...) Yes, After defining one or more actors, you can use them in animations whom will be rendered real time using openGL. While animating you can manipulate all defined joints in the actors using a tracker like editor. In this tracker you put (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Finaly: I completed my new LDraw render engine

(...) Am I correct in understanding this lets you animate LDraw models in some limited way? If so, very good work getting it done so far. Does it output povray? Tim (17 years ago, 26-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Finaly: I completed my new LDraw render engine

Just wanted to show you people that the LD4DModeler project is not dead, I'm still working on the succeeder and I'm happy to announce the first big step is done. I finished the basic 3D Engine and editors. I have put some screen dumps on my site. (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Web browser compatibility testing request

(...) Look fine in Mozilla 1.7.13 Roland (17 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Web browser compatibility testing request

For anyone who's interested, here is the output from a more complicated model: (URL) chose pyramid for the test because it allowed me to take a screenshot of the entire page.) Notice that it doesn't show images for any parts that aren't recognized (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Web browser compatibility testing request

(...) <snip>> Thanks in advance. (...) Looks great on my Treo 650 with PalmOne Blazer 4.0. Although the partslist images the edges show up white reather than black ans make the parts look a bit funky... (17 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Web browser compatibility testing request

(...) quickly; all the rest are still in the queue. Thanks a lot. --Travis (17 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Web browser compatibility testing request

I found this via browsing the other day, and it is very useful. It doesn't have ALL browsers, but has most and has options for version number, resolution, flash, java, etc. (URL) (17 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Web browser compatibility testing request

I found this via browsing the other day, and it is very useful. It doesn't have ALL browsers, but has most and has options for version number, resolution, flash, java, etc. Aaron (17 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Web browser compatibility testing request

(...) Thanks. It looks really bad in Lynx. Apparently Lynx doesn't like div elements (at least not when they have style information attached). Lynx also doesn't know the meaning of the tfoot element, which is a little more surprising. --Travis (17 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact