 CAD / Development / 10439
  Re: MPD file loading search order

As you have pointed out, the spec is indeed ambiguous. Consequently, there's probably no correct answer as to how things should work. However, I can tell you what I do in LDView, so that you have an idea of how at least one MPD-compatible program (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Snip, very thourho explanation, thanks! (...) I was thinking of doing the local scope approach mentioned by Steve. But maybe I keep it optional realizing I always end up disappointing some people with ether approach. I was planning to create (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Well, if you read all postings on MPD through the last seven years you should be able to piece the correct answer together :-) I believe the L3 parser (used in L3P, L3Lab and "ldglite -l3") reflects that information. > However, I can tell (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) You're welcome. (...) I think local scope is the "correct" thing to do as long as local scope means that only files inside an MPD file can access other files inside the MDP file. Files stored external to the MPD shouldn't, in theory, be able (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Wow, that's impressive. I'm pretty sure it's accidental, too. (Accidental on my part; your L3P parser was obviously there first.) (...) LDView only has one file open at a time also (unless I'm mis-remembering my implementation), since the (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) You're right, but Jacob invented the MPD, so I guess I just followed his wish, though I would have preferred the scoping. Also he suggests a way to get scoping anyway: "0 FILE house1/house1.dat" which nicely reflects the storage on the disk. (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

Lars C. Hassing wrote: [snip detailed explanation] Thanks for the insight of you're L3P ldraw reader routines. (...) If you mean by public, public to all children and not the whole world, this fits perfectly in Anders Isaksson vision. See my reply (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Thanks for the pointers, I'm working with Delphi 2005 Pro win32 at the moment (LD4DModeler was written in Delphi 6 Pro). So I can't use you're library. But I will certainly take a look at it. I sometimes write stuff in C++, but for a living (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Is Delphi 2005 Delphi (Pascal) only? I've got BDS2006 at work and that contains both Delphi and C++ and C#. Going .NET would make it easy (?) to use a C++ library from Delphi, I think. (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Delphi 2005 (9) is part of Borland Developer Studio (BDS) 2005. It also contains C# Builder and Delphi for .net compilers. But I mainly use Delphi for win 32 development. Since BDS 2006 C++ Builder is also included in the suite. But I decided (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Don't know about that, source-wise (all my work projects are still Delphi, Win32 only). In .NET you definitely don't have to care about the language an assembly was written in, you just use it. (...) If that is your work development system, I (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) It's my work system, but I rarely use 2005. Most of my customer projects demand use of Delphi 6 Pro. Because that's what the customer itself owns. I maintain their code so I have to use their tools. Because of this I don't justify spending (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)