 CAD / Development / 10265
    What mailing list for Peeroml ? —Damien Guichard
   Hi lego fans, I have finished the package and documentation for Peeroml, a scripting tool and programming framework for lego inventories. Its scripting language is OCaml (URL) Of course questions about Peeroml are off-topic on existing OCaml mailing (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inv)

        Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ? —Clark Stephens
     (...) Damien, Please change the name of your program. Peeron is a trademark of Dan and Jennifer Boger. Your program is not associated with the Peeron site. The name you chose above has obvious similarities to the Peeron trademark, and may cause (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ? —Damien Guichard
     (...) Hi Clark Stephens, Thanks for your comments. You have well anticipated what has happened to me yesterday. At first i thought cooperation means: * function and datas should not be separated but available at a unique repository site (Peeron.com (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ? —Timothy Gould
      (...) Hi Damien, I fear that even with Dan and Jennifer Bogers cooperation this project may not spread too far as most people are unlikely to learn a new language (especially one with such strange syntax as OCaml) just for database enquiries for (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

          Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ? —Damien Guichard
      Hi Tim, Thanks for your comments. (...) I don't expect OCaml to spread like a virus, or being a popular scripting language. All that i have asked is a single homepage where people (eventually nobody) could have downloaded the whole thing. I didn't (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

         Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ? —Dan Boger
     Damien, I would appreciate if you don't put words in my mouth. (...) In my email to you I asked 3 things: - Rename the program to something else - from what I understand, there is nothing in your program that is Peeron specific - it's much more (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: What mailing list for Peeroml ? —Damien Guichard
   Hi again, People e-mail me questions about Peeroml. Considering i don't send the program and it can't be downloaded anywhere, politeness invites me to answer these questions here (as people privately asking are certainly reading this forum). (...) (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)