 CAD / Development / 10159
Re: LSynth synthesis and needed sub-parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:32:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
  Where possible I've eliminated the unoffical parts that could easily be
replaced with primitives, but this still leaves us with some parts that are
not official LEGO parts, but I'd like to be available in official LDraw parts
library releases.

That sounds reasonable.  We've done this before, with light.dat.  Do the files
have comments identifying what they are used for?  If they're going into the
official library, it'd nice to try and make them useable by any program doing
the same thing.

Most of them have a comment indicating that they are for lsynth.  Willy says a
few of the parts to do not.  I'll update them.

hi kevin,

IMHO the main problem is that there is some confusion about the LS00.dat
constrain an the rest like the flex-axle-end. my understanding now is that the
ONLY constrain for all tubes is LS00.dat while the rest is used in the synthesis
itself. if this is true I suggest to  put the LS00.dat in the \PARTS folder and
the rest like LS40.dat in \s. especially the flex-axle-end created much
headaches with people believing they had to use the end part instead of the
constrain.

w.
(looking forward to re-writing his tutorial :-))))