 CAD / Development / 10150
Re: LSynth synthesis and needed sub-parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:36:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
  I'm bringing out a new version of LSynth.  LSynth originally had
a number of unofficial parts that it used to specify and synthesize
flexible parts.

  Where possible I've eliminated the unoffical parts that could
easily be replaced with primitives, but this still leaves us with
some parts that are not official LEGO parts, but I'd like to be
available in official LDraw parts library releases.

  The unofficial parts include:

  LS00.DAT - a part that is used to specify the shape of hoses and
rubber bands.
  LS10.DAT - electric cable cross section
  LS20.DAT - end cap of pneumatic hose.
  LS21.DAT - mis segments of pneumatic hose
  LS32.DAT - fiber optic cable end cap.

The above parts are made of primitives, but combine multiple of
them into one part for ease of specification.

None of the above parts are whole parts, they are sub-parts of the
whole, so I think they should go in the S directory.  Then there is
the topic of naming them.

I'd suggest that LS00.dat belongs in the PARTS directory because it's
designed to be manipulated directly by the end user when creating a
model file (much like a regular part, and unlike the files in the S
subdir).

If you put it in S, it'll be difficult to find when you need it.

Don