 CAD / Development / 10148
10147  |  10149
Subject:
LSynth synthesis and needed sub-parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:10:40 GMT

Hi Steve, Chris, Orion,

  I'm bringing out a new version of LSynth.  LSynth originally had a number of
unofficial parts that it used to specify and synthesize flexible parts.

  Where possible I've eliminated the unoffical parts that could easily be
replaced with primitives, but this still leaves us with some parts that are not
official LEGO parts, but I'd like to be available in official LDraw parts
library releases.

  The unofficial parts include:

  LS00.DAT - a part that is used to specify the shape of hoses and rubber bands.
  LS10.DAT - electric cable cross section
  LS20.DAT - end cap of pneumatic hose.
  LS21.DAT - mis segments of pneumatic hose
  LS32.DAT - fiber optic cable end cap.

The above parts are made of primitives, but combine multiple of them into one
part for ease of specification.

None of the above parts are whole parts, they are sub-parts of the whole, so I
think they should go in the S directory.  Then there is the topic of naming
them.

May I have guidance on how to move these through to the process for official
library?

Anyone out there willing to work on the process of getting these parts into the
official library?

I'd like to get back to finishing up the next release of LPub as quickly as
possible.

Kevin