 CAD / Development / 10148
    LSynth synthesis and needed sub-parts —Kevin L. Clague
   Hi Steve, Chris, Orion, I'm bringing out a new version of LSynth. LSynth originally had a number of unofficial parts that it used to specify and synthesize flexible parts. Where possible I've eliminated the unoffical parts that could easily be (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: LSynth synthesis and needed sub-parts —Kevin L. Clague
     (...) I also forgot to ask about some of the electrical parts.... Rotation sensor, light sensor, electrical cable ends officially have a small stub of rectangular cable coming out of them. This motivated me to modify these parts and use unofficial (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: LSynth synthesis and needed sub-parts —Don Heyse
     (...) I'd suggest that LS00.dat belongs in the PARTS directory because it's designed to be manipulated directly by the end user when creating a model file (much like a regular part, and unlike the files in the S subdir). If you put it in S, it'll be (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: LSynth synthesis and needed sub-parts —Steve Bliss
   (...) That sounds reasonable. We've done this before, with light.dat. Do the files have comments identifying what they are used for? If they're going into the official library, it'd nice to try and make them useable by any program doing the same (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: LSynth synthesis and needed sub-parts —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Most of them have a comment indicating that they are for lsynth. Willy says a few of the parts to do not. I'll update them. (...) LS10.dat is not an electrical connector. Instead it is a small cross section of the electrical cable that is used (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: LSynth synthesis and needed sub-parts —Willy Tschager
   (...) hi kevin, IMHO the main problem is that there is some confusion about the LS00.dat constrain an the rest like the flex-axle-end. my understanding now is that the ONLY constrain for all tubes is LS00.dat while the rest is used in the synthesis (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: LSynth synthesis and needed sub-parts —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Hi Willy, Hah! RTFM! *The book* "LEGO Software Power Tools" makes it clear that LS00.DAT is the only constraint associated with hoses. Sorry, just in a good mood, because I just finished up rewriting the band synthesis code and made it much (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: LSynth synthesis and needed sub-parts —Willy Tschager
   (...) hi kevin, it's because I'm allergic to manuals and I’m usually in trail’n’error mode ;-)) but seriously, the problem I had with the flexible axle (and some others who contacted me because of the MLCad/Lsynth tutorial) is the fact that the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)