 CAD / Development / *935 (-20)
  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

Steve and Terry described the new guidelines on parts and numbers. Nice piece of work. I support it. Terry mentioned a suggestion of mine: (...) Because it (in a sense) is two different kinds of data. And because 1000 files already is quite a lot (...) (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

(...) So the 6H antenna is really clear underneath? I think the divers knives are white - anybody got a sprue they didn't throw out? What about the coins? I'd like to add my salutations the great work that has gone on in the backgound - well done. (...) (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  RE: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

Congratulations to part number concept designers! I believe that this old/new concept will resolve the part numbering problems discussed recently in long threads. The concept is very clear and it would be good that the rules could be summarized in (...) (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  3 x 3 x 2 cone

i just noticed this part on the parts tracker... what is it/where is it used? (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

(...) Would you also color the inside of the brick dark grey and the outside silver? :) What about the 6H antennas? Would you include the little scratched off places where you can see that the piece is actually transparent? :) Seriously, though, I (...) (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

Good work guys! I think you've come up with an excellent solution, like Ulysses navigating the waters between Scylla and Charbydis. I look forward to seeing its implementation, and am thankful I'm not the one doing it :-) -John Van (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDLite Anomaly

(...) D'Oh! I noticed that two weeks ago and forgot to mention it. Yes, it is messed up. I had a batch file set up to do this, and quickly found that it had destroyed a bunch of minifigs I had made. :-/ So I set up a separate directory using the (...) (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

(...) Good one. :-) <snipped the rest of the relevant text> Steve's outline appears accurate to me. I _really_ , *REALLY* hope everyone will think this through and see the benefits it brings. And not argue against it from a strictly knee-jerk (...) (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New version of LDLIST (3.5)

(...) Just a public word of thanks to Anders for doing all these new changes to his excellent little utility. Thanks, Anders. :-) -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD Parts? (and a confession)

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36fa79e0.2302399@lu...et.com>... (...) And the class system I had the idea for(e.g. archive.mpd::curlpart.dat to access curlpart.dat without loading archive.mpd)only seems kind of right to C++ programers. (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDLite Anomaly

Steve Bliss wrote in message <370236c9.3803676@lu...et.com>... (...) I've had that.And never got it fixed. (...) (26 years ago, 1-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw Add-On 2.0.3 Now Available

[follow-ups set to lugnet.cad] The new version of LDraw Add-On (LDAO) is now available. This is version 2.0.3. The major change is a fix so Visual Basic 5 runtime files are no longer needed (this affected new users trying to install LDAO 2.x). Also (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDLite Anomaly

I'm having problems with LDLite 1.6, using the -R option. It's supposed to write out a new file, with the LDLite code translated to equivalent LDraw commands. But it doesn't seem to be working. The new file is written, but it only contains one line: (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inv DB (was: Star Wars Elements)

(...) Wow, ok. Thanks! (...) I'd probably try to use it for that as well. (...) Hey, using that stick sure beats the heck out of sticking his finger in the ant hill. (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New version of LDLIST (3.5) Update 3.6

(...) OK, this one seems to be in good shape. The CATEGORY and KEYWORDS have been added to the part names in the list. :) (...) Because then it would look easy. Steve (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New guidelines on parts and numbers (long)

[Subtitle: Parts Wars Episode IV: A New Hope] [Terry and others in the know: please don't be shy about correcting me on any point I am mis-reporting.] You may have noticed recent announcements about LDList and LDAO concerning LDraw part-names and (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New version of LDLIST (3.5) Update 3.6

I wrote ... (...) And now I have to announce LDLIST 3.6, where the CATEGORY and KEYWORDS searching _really_ works (at least on my system :-) Same place as before (Don't forget to re-scan). (Why can't these stupid programmers get it right the first (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  please check my parts

i have recently updated my web page ((URL) and i have places a large quantity of unofficial parts ranging from fake elements to ready for release parts. i am looking for experts (steve bliss, terry keller,chris dee,john vanzweitsen etc) to please (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw/CAD links

(...) Use a single link for both tools. I would suggest that you identify the it as "MPD Tools". Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  problem with parts

i have discovered a problem with some of the parts e.g. the 10 x 10 octogonal plate and the blue squares pattern bricks. these parts have the reference to the stud files in caps. this causes problems with ledit which fails to draw the line instead (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact